Effective Date: March 21, 2019
This policy explains what information we collect when you use this website. It also has information about how we store, use, transfer, and delete that information.
Who We Are
Personal data we collect
Information You Give Us
In order for you to use our Services and other features of our Site, we will ask you for some of your personal data (e.g. contact information, name, etc.). The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who would like to comment on our blog to provide a username. Those who purchase Services from us are asked to provide additional information including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process transactions. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. You can always refuse to supply personal data; however, doing so may prevent you from receiving our Services or engaging in other activities on the Site. In no event will we ever request sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you, and we expressly request that you not provide any such sensitive personal data to us.
Web Server Logs
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically through your use of the Site. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, the files viewed on the Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We use analytical software to help us understand this information. This software sends information to its licensor. Other sites and companies may also use this software. As a result, the licensor may collect information that, when aggregated by them, allows them to identify you individually. We have no responsibility for this collection and use.
How We Use Personal Data
Blacktower will only use the personal data we collect as resonably necessary for the following purposes:
- To allow you to use and interact with the Site
- To provide the Services to you as our customer
- To inform our continued development of the Site and the Services
- To communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account with us
- To send marketing communications related to the services we provide
- As required by applicable law or legal requirements pertaining to records retention or for internal administrative purposes, or
- As specifically authorized by you in writing
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- When we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law or legal request
- To enforce our legal and contractual rights, or to protect the rights and safety of others
- To third parties who help us provide any part of the Site or the Services, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- As part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company
Procedures to Protect Personal Data
Your Rights Over Personal Data We Control
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us as described herein. If you are our customer, you may not be able to opt out of all emails, including certain administrative or billing communications which are important to the ongoing maintenance of your account.
We may keep your personal data for as long as reasonably required to meet the purposes described herein. Additionally, we will retain this information as required by law, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.